READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS BELOW
You are a lapsed referee if you did not register and certify as a referee for 2021, If you were certified as a referee in 2019 or 2020, you can complete referee recertification, following this path. The registration and clinic fee is $85.
If 2018 or earlier was the last time you were certified as a referee, you must register for and complete the Referee Entry level requirements. You cannot complete a recertification clinic.
All of the requirements for your recertification are online.
TO START. Go to our Officials Management System (OMS): https://mdcvasrp.omgtsys.com
1. Select “Member Sign In.” If you registered for 2020 you might have created your own username and password.
2. Enter username: your USSF ID# beginning with the letter “R” with no dashes or spaces (for example, R2019123412341234). Your password might be your last name. If you do not know your password, select Forgot Pasword or we can reset it for you. Your e-mail address must be your own. Every referee must have a different e-mail for identification.
3. On your Member Information Page, under the “Registration:” tab, select “Register for Clinic/Fitness Test.”
4. On the next page, update your personal information. Answer the "Yes/No" question and more questions will be revealed.
5. Select your Offical Type(s) and Registration Type. You can return to request other Official Types later.
Select Referee and Recertification.
6. On the next page, Reserve Course SA-03-0422-GRRCT-L13.
7. Follow the directions to Checkout and pay the $85.00 by credit card.
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of each page to be able to select the next page.
On your Member Home Page, to the right of your reserved clinic, click on “Online Lesson.”
ONLINE LESSONS. There are six online lessons.
1. 2022 Introduction to the Learning Center (4 hours, 30 minutes)
If you completed the Grassroots Referee Course at the US Soccer Learning Center with your 2020 certification, we can give you credit for this lesson)
2. 2022 Grassroots Refresher Assignment
If you did not certify in 2020 and are completing the Grassroots Referee Course at the US Soccer Learning Center for the first time in Lesson 1, we can give you credit for this lesson)
3. 2019-2020 LOTG Changes (25 minutes)
4. 2021 Law Changes - USSF (45 minutes)
5. 2021-2022 IFAB Law Changes (45 minutes)
6. 2022 Grassroots Referee Recert Quiz (60 minutes)
7. 2022 Learning Center Intro to Safety (15 minutes)
8. 2022 Learning Center SafeSport (15 or 90 minutes, depending on whether you are completeing SafeSport Training for the first time or completing the annual refresher)
LEARNING CENTER COURSE
If you already completed the Grassroots Referee Course at the US Soccer Learning Center, you will have credit for the course. The course is a one-time requirement. The Introduction to the Learning Center will show Complete if the course is completed. If the Introduction does not show Complete, start the lesson. Click Start to start the lesson, then click the Learning Center button to go to the Learning Center.
The Introduction to the Learning Center lesson is both an introduction on how to sign up and log in to the US Soccer Learning Center, and the 4.5-hour Grassroots Referee Course.
Part 1 of the Introduction to the Learning Center explains how to Sign Up and create a profile, username, and password at the Learning Center. BE CAREFUL TO ENTER YOUR NAME THE SAME AS YOUR NAME IN OMS. If your name does not match, the Learning Center will not match your referee history to your account; instead the Learning Center will create a new account.
Part 2 of the Introduction to the Learning Center explains how to Log In and start and complete the Grassroots Referee Course. BE CAREFUL TO USE LOG IN. If you use Sign Up, you will create another account at the Learning Center.
There are five Parts to the Learning Center course. You must complete each Part in sequence.
As you progress through the Grassroots Referee Course, you must view everything on a page/slide. You will have to click on each option to read or watch a video. Sometimes you will have to scroll down or to the right to see everything on a page/slide. If you do not see the CONTINUE button, you have not viewed everything on the page/slide.
If you need to stop the course to resume later, select CLOSE and LOGOUT, so your progress will be saved and you can resume where you left the course.
When you complete the course, go back to OMS to complete the other lessons.
REMAINING LESSONS. Complete the remaining online lessons by selecting “Start” beside each lesson, in order.
Everyone must complete Lessons 2 – 7.
Lesson 8, SafeSport Training, is required for referees 18 years or older. Lesson 8 will show Complete for referees who are not 18. The first time SafeSport Training takes about 90 minutes to complete. Subsequent annual SafeSport Training takes about 15 minutes to complete.
When you complete the online lessons, we can approve your 2022 referee certification. Your badge will be mailed to you in about two weeks.
Revised August 1, 2021