Managing Free Kicks
A video presentation from USSF outlining the basic referee strategies for managing free kick restarts (enforcing the minimum distance, player violations, referee positioning, and ceremonial versus quick restarts)
A detailed review of the 8 restarts used in soccer, including what causes them, when the ball is in play, whether a goal can be scored directly, and other basic questions.
The Principles and Components of Referee Fitness – Doug Engstrom
A presentation given at a clinic focused on training for upgrade to State Referee in Richmond Virginia (February 5-6, 2011). Doug Engstrom is a USSF National Referee Emeritus, a former Marine, and currently a teacher in the Virginia public schools.
- Introduction (5:34)
- Fitness for Grade 7 (6:08)
- Fitness for State referees (6:39)
- Principles of Fitness (11:46)
- Components of Fitness (21:08)
Officiating Women In Soccer : It’s Not the Same Game - Carla Nagel
A presentation given at a clinic focused on training for upgrade to State Referee in Richmond Virginia (February 5-6, 2011). Carla Nagel Winters is a USSF State Referee, a Referee Instructor, an avid sailor, and currently working as a legal professional.
- Introduction (3:10)
- Physique And Physics (5:30)
- Psychology And Communication (16:34)
- Better Referee Positioning (4:06)
- Better AR Positioning (3:46)
- Put Your Stamp On the Game (6:28)
- Misconduct Stays (11:47)
- Summary (00:30)